Saturday, July 5, 2014

On holiday

After what I can only politely refer to as a challenging spell at work my holidays have finally arrived and I've decamped to Shetland for a couple of weeks. I've come up on my own to stay with family and with every intention of reading my way through a pile of books. I've also come armed with an iPad and good intentions regarding blogging but tonight it's all about the scenery. The view from my windows at home all look out the same way - onto a car park - and whilst I suppose there are possibly uglier car parks in the world I've yet to see a really pretty one. Most of the windows at my fathers house look the same way too. Not onto a car park though, and whilst there may be better views out there I like this one very much, by any standard it's better than a car park.
I don't come to Shetland for the weather which is just as well because it was tipping it down and a wee but nippy when I got here, but after months of city roofs a sky like this is still a relief, and after days stuck in a humid airless warehouse dealing with wine a bit of fresh air is welcome.
Not that I felt like complaining when it suddenly turned into this...

Or when we got back from a boat trip at 10.30pm and it was still like this...

Or even now an hour later when it looks like this. I will read all those books I packed just the moment I manage to stop staring out the window. 

8 comments:

  1. Have a great and relaxing time Hayley. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel relaxed just looking at those photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure wish Shetland was my "go back home" place. Heck, I'd settle for just seeing it once! I hope I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a wonderful view - have an excellent and restful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful view - I have always wanted to decamp somewhere for a couple of weeks with loads of books, wonderful scenery, tea and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous - and much nicer than a car park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful holiday. It sounds as though you need a break. That view looks gorgeous so make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete